Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme
EDII has been roped in as a National Resource Organisation (NRO) for implementing the largest PAN-India rural poverty eradication programme, the Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP). SVEP is the sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) with the objective of helping Self Help Groups (SHGs) and their family members to set-up small enterprises in the non-farm sector. SVEP is sponsored by Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India, and State Rural Livelihood Missions of 14 states with funding in the ratio of 60:40 respectively.
- To enable rural poor to set up their enterprises by developing a sustainable model for Village Entrepreneurship promotion through integrated ICT techniques and tools for training and capacity building, enterprise advisory services and by arranging loans from banks/SHGs & federations.
- Develop local resources by training a pool of village level community cadre (CRP EP) and build capacities of NRLM and SHG federations to monitor and direct the work of the Community Resource Persons – Enterprise Promotion (CRP-EP).
- Help rural entrepreneurs access finance for starting their enterprises from NRLM, SHG federations and the banking systems
- To support rural entrepreneurs by developing an eco-system for supporting small businesses in rural areas.
- The eco-system comprises a cadre of Community Resource Persons – Enterprise Promotion (CRP-EP) that provides business support services to entrepreneurs.
- A dedicated fund called Community Enterprise Fund (CEF) is set-up to provide seed capital to enterprises.
- A Block Resource Centre (BRC), the dedicated centre at the block level for supporting enterprise promotion is established in each block.
- An exclusive team comprising block anchors, mentors and Block Programme Managers (BPM) at the block help in implementing SVEP
EDII's presence: 65 blocks in 14 States
|State||No. of Blocks:||No. of Blocks:||Total|
|Implementation ongoing||Implementation initiated|
|1. Madhya Pradesh||5||4||9|
|2. West Bengal||7||2||9|
|5. Uttar Pradesh||5||6||11|
- EDII has been instrumental in boosting rural livelihood and employment in villages and has created 36370 enterprises and trained 37668 entrepreneurs as well as 651 community resource persons.
- While initially, funding for entrepreneurs was sought from the Community Enterprise Fund (CEF) available under the project, with sustained efforts for credit linkages, 1205 enterprises have been given loans worth Rs. 5.63 crores by different financial organisations.
- 36370 enterprises have been promoted and a loan worth ₹ 102.3 crores has been disbursed so far.
- 108 State and Block level officials from SRLM have been trained so far in using SVEP software. It is envisaged that these trained officials will further conduct trainings in their respective states.
- In an attempt to formalize microenterprises and facilitate them in getting access to various government schemes, 8199 enterprises have been registered under Udyog Aadhaar (UAM).
- From among 36370 entrepreneurs associated in SVEP, 61% are female and 85% belong to SC/ST, OBC and Minority communities.
Centre for Empowerment of Differently Abled (CEDA)
State and Societies have continually sought to institute plans and methods to evolve an inclusive approach to growth so that the struggles of the disadvantaged and the deprived could be reduced, and they could be integrated in the mainstream social structure. Several amiable policies and approaches have been put in place to ensure their wellbeing, including that of the differently abled whose daily struggles for living and livelihood are overwhelming.
Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme
EDII has been roped in as a National Resource Organisation (NRO) for implementing the largest PAN-India rural poverty eradication programme, the Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP). SVEP is the sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) with the objective of helping Self Help Groups (SHGs) and their family members to set-up small enterprises in the non-farm sector.
Hastkala Setu Yojana
As knowledge partner to the Commissionerate of Cottage Industries, Government of Gujarat, EDII is working on conceptualizing, developing, implementing and evaluating an integrated model to strengthen the cottage & rural entrepreneurship ecosystem in the state.
Srinagar Mega Carpet Cluster
EDII functions as Cluster Management and Technical Agency (CMTA) for Srinagar Mega Carpet Cluster Project under Comprehensive Handicraft Cluster Development Project of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. The objective of the project is to facilitate development of mega carpet cluster, with necessary infrastructure support and modern production facilities to enable the industry to meet various legal and trade commitments.
Skill And Entrepreneurship Development Programme For Tourism Sector
At the behest of Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd. (TCGL), EDII has been conducting ‘Skill and Entrepreneurship Development Training programmes’ for stakeholders associated with the Tourism sector. Especially designed, 15-day programmes focus on enhancing skills of participants
Programmes For The Disadvantaged Sections Of Society
Under support of National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt. Of India, EDII conducts 4-week Entrepreneurship Development Programmes for SC/ST youth. The programmes cover the states of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka and Assam.
Sustainable Livelihood Initiatives In Uttar Pradesh
Rural Entrepreneurship and development strategies are being undertaken in a big way to ensure alleviation of poverty and unemployment.
Food Processing Sector
In 2003-04, the Ministry of Food Processing, Govt. of India assigned to EDII the task of promoting and creating new enterprises across the country by conducting Entrepreneurship Development Programmes.
Gujarat Women Economic Development Corporation Ltd. (GWEDC)
Under the sponsorship of Gujarat Women Economic Development Corporation Ltd. (GWEDC), Govt. of Gujarat, EDII initiated one-year programme in 2020 focussing on developing the entrepreneurial capacity of women and enabling them to build their business resources to ensure sustainable income through enterprise creation.
Programmes undertaken with the support of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
Honing the Enterprising Spirit of North Eastern India
With the support of North East Centre for Technology Application and Reach (NECTAR), Department of Science & Technology (DST), EDII designed a skillpreneurship programme to train 200 local unemployed youths of Sootea, Sonitpur Dist. in Assam.
Backed by Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board, EDII is promoting entrepreneurship in the tourism sector in Madhya Pradesh with customised Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Programmes.
Inspiring Entrepreneurship in Bihar
To enhance communication skills, IT literacy skills and soft skills among Bihar’s Youth, EDII in collaboration with Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) initiated Bihar Skill Development Programme under ‘Kushal Yuva Program’. The project aims at enhancing the employability Skills of all aspirants in the age group of 15-28 years, who have passed at least 10th class or 12th class, have dropped out of formal education and are looking for jobs.
National Rural Economic Transformation Project [NRETP]
The Ministry of Rural Development (MORD) has launched NRETP with an aim to promote cluster development in the farm and nonfarm sector. The key focus of the project is to transform the economic participation of institutional groups by enabling them to engage in farm and non-farm activities with a strong footing.
Promoting Science & Technology Entrepreneurship
Science and technology has come to acquire a unique place in the domain of entrepreneurship. Thinking out-of-the-box and being creative are some of the traits of a successful entrepreneur and have by far become the most distinguishing aspects of entrepreneurship. There is accent on instilling entrepreneurship with technology to create viable and futuristic enterprises.
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Some of the notable initiatives under the support of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)