Policy Advocacy, Knowledge and Research
An Acknowledged Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship, Public Policy & Advocacy
- Providing conceptual underpinnings to national and international policies.
- Assisting policy makers in their efforts of promoting entrepreneurship opportunities through demand-driven policies.
- Sensitising and impressing upon government bodies and private organisations to integrate entrepreneurship in their development policies.
- Creating a strong research and knowledge infrastructure in entrepreneurship.
- Undertaking evaluation and impact assessment studies of national and state Governments’ policies/schemes/programmes.
The Journal of Entrepreneurship
The Journal of Entrepreneurship (JoE), a bi-annual journal published by Sage Publications since 1992, is a reputed academic
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) has been organizing ‘Biennial Conferences on Entrepreneurship’ since 1994.
Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CREED)
EDII set up the Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CREED) on its campus,
The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM)
Till now, EDII has brought out 8 GEM Report. The GEM India Report is an outcome of collective efforts of GEM India
The Policy Brief Series
The Policy Brief Series is a thoughtful initiative in the direction of creating awareness among policymakers, institutions, entrepreneurs, and other esteemed audiences about major policy interventions. It aims to create a knowledge repository.
EDII and Taylor and Francis have collaborated to bring out research studies, books and reports on Entrepreneurship.
EDII and Rajasthan Patrika have entered into a collaboration to jointly organize Entrepreneurship Development Programmes for emerging women entrepreneurs. Against the backdrop that entrepreneurship is the need-of-the-hour, especially among the women community, the two organizations have joined hands to institute meaningful, outcome-based programmes and bring the results and interventions before the society at large to earn a winning response for the development tool of entrepreneurship.
- Management Development Institute, Murshidabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi, India
- Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur
- Global Entrepreneurship Research Association (GERA), London Business School, London, UK
- Anna University, Chennai
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, India
- Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur
- Chhatrapati Sahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur
- Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences, Odisha
- Indian Institute of Management, Jammu, India
- Evolved the Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) Model; widely being implemented as EDI-EDP Model at national & international levels.
- Developed Industry Policy 2009 (specifically the part of MSME Cluster Development) for Government of Gujarat.
- Prepared Startup Vision Document, MSME Dossier for Govt. of Gujarat.
- Made recommendations to the National MSME Policy for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises under the chairpersonship of Prabhat Kumar, First Governor of Jharkhand.
- Contributed in AICTE Start-up Policy 2016.
- Developed and submitted National Entrepreneurship Policy to Govt. of India.
- Based on Research on ‘Review of Entrepreneurship Curricula in Higher Learning Institutions’ helped University Grants Commission, Govt. of India in developing entrepreneurship curriculum for college level education.
- Based on Research on ‘Entry Barriers to Entrepreneurship: As perceived by Youth’, facilitated the Ministry of SSI & ARI, Govt. of India in framing policy to establish Entrepreneurship and Business Development Centres in Universities.
- Designed an integrated nationally replicable programme for start-ups (Village Entrepreneurship).
- Formulated policy level interventions for entrepreneurship development in Cambodia, GMS Studies, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Uzbekistan and several developing countries.