Dr. V. G. Patel Memorial Award-2022 for Entrepreneurship Trainer/Educator/Mentor
Late Dr. V. G. Patel, honoured with the Padma Shri on March 30, 2017, is recognized by the entrepreneurship fraternity as the ‘Father of Entrepreneurship Movement.’ After a legendary life spanning close to eight decades, the leader who was fondly known was ‘V. G.’ finally laid down his mantle and settled in peace on April 4, 2019. He started out in the 1970s, convincing people about ‘entrepreneurship’ and after a lot of hard times, succeeded in popularising the concept as the be-all and the end–all in raising a nation’s business index and thus generating employment opportunities and promoting economic development. The results of various efforts led premier financial institutes to set up a National Resource Institute in Entrepreneurship, the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), in Ahmedabad. Under the aegis of EDII, innovative programmes and projects deep-rooted entrepreneurship, bringing progress to the people, nationally and internationally. And, amidst all the planning and implementation, Entrepreneurship Trainers/Educators/Mentors played a major role in fructifying the dreams of Dr. Patel, whom he rightly hailed as the backbone of the entrepreneurship development movement. The achievements assign immortality to Dr. V.G. Patel. This award in particular seeks to celebrate his vision and unparalleled zeal to assign ‘entrepreneurship’ the status of a unique development strategy.
- Award will be given to a professional for his/her outstanding performance/contribution in Entrepreneurship Training/Education/Mentoring/Knowledge or Technology Driven Start-Ups.
- Award consists of a citation and a cash prize of 100,000/-
- The decision would be reached on the basis of analysis of the nominee’s achievements by a high-level award committee and personal interview of the Nominee. Decision of the Award Committee shall be final and binding on all the applicants.
- Incomplete applications are liable for rejection.
- Last datefor receiving online applications is May 31, 2022 (5:30 PM)
- Open to all professionals actively engaged in imparting Entrepreneurship training/education/mentoring/promoting Start-ups.
- Should have at least 5 years of relevant experience