Cluster Development Programme (CDP) has become one of the most effective instruments to ensure survival and growth of existing micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). Experience shows that successfulimplementation of the Cluster Development Programme (CDP) could help MSMEs to improve their business performance, adopt appropriate technology, improve quality and productivity, increase turnover and export, and improve HR and overall management efficiency. Joint initiatives nurtured under CDP could help the cluster firms go for value addition, product customization, brand building, and improvement of marketing and export performance. This would ensure their holistic development and contribute towards Local Economic Development (LED). These efforts are needed to enhance competitiveness of the cluster MSMEs and make them stand tall in the globalized economy.
|Project Title||Name of Cluster||Sponsoring Agency|
|MSME Cluster Intervention Programme (M-CIP)||Engineering Cluster, Rajkot||Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).|
|MSME Cluster Intervention Programme (M-CIP)||Bamboo Cluster, Agartala||Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).|
|Diagnostic Study Report||Agarbatti Cluster at North Ganganagar, Dharmanagar, Tripura||Office of DCMSME, Ministry of MSME, Government of India|
|Developing Steel re-rolling Mill Cluster||Steel re-rolling Mill Cluster at Bhavnagar,Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Developing Engineering Cluster||Engineering Cluster at Bilimora, Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Developing Hume Pipe Manufacturing Cluster||Hume Pipe Manufacturing Cluster at Bodeli, Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Developing Rice Mill Cluster||Rice Mill Cluster at Tarapur, Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Diagnostic Study Report||Jewellery Cluster & Pottery Cluster at Gorakhpur||Office of DCMSME, Ministry of MSME, Government of India|
|Soft Intervention under MSE-CDP||Tribal Garments Cluster at Khonglong, Senapati, Manipur||Office of DCMSME, Ministry of MSME, Government of India|
|Soft Intervention under MSE-CDP||General Engineering Cluster at Thalassery, Kannur, Kerala||Office of DCMSME, Ministry of MSME, Government of India|
|Soft Intervention under MSE-CDP||Bamboo made Handicrafts Products Cluster at Shankhala, West Tripura||Office of DCMSME, Ministry of MSME, Government of India|
|Soft Intervention under MSE-CDP||Leather Products Cluster at Topsia, Kolkata||Office of DCMSME, Ministry of MSME, Government of India|
|Soft Intervention in Casting & Forging Cluster||Casting & Forging Cluster at Vadodara, Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Soft Interventions in Gold Jewellery Manufacturing Cluster||Gold Jewellery Manufacturing Cluster at Rajkot, Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Soft Interventions in Pharmaceutical Machinery Cluster||Pharmaceutical Machinery Cluster at Ahmedabad, Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Implementing BDS in MSME Clusters||Leather clusters at Kolkata, Santiniketan, Chennai & Dyes & Chemical cluster at Ahmedabad||Department for International Development (DFID), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), The World Bank & Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).|
|Induce the Dynamism in Engineering Cluster||Engineering Cluster at Vadodara, Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Facilitating Survival & Growth of Existing Enterprises in the Textile Accessories & Machinery Cluster||Textile Accessories & Machinery Cluster at Ahmedabad, Surat & Surendranagar, Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Benchmark Study in 7 Clusters in Kerala, India||Garment Cluster at Alappuzha, Garment Cluster at Ernakulam, Garment Cluster at Malappuram, Home Furnishing Cluster at Ernakulam, Wood cluster at Kannur, Soft Toys Cluster at Kottayam, Wood Cluster at Malappuram||Kerala Bureau of Industrial Promotion, Govt. of Kerala, India|
|Regional Baseline and SME Development & Survey of Regional Clusters/Value Chains and BDS Providers||Readymade Garments, Pharmaceutical, Auto-Component, Leather Toys, & Powerloom Cluster in Indore Region||Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)|
|Cluster Development Programme for Automobile Components Cluster||Automobile Components Cluster at Jalandhar, Ludhiana & Phagwara, Punjab||Development Commissionerate, Small Scale Industries, Govt. of India|
|International Centre for Cluster Competitiveness, Growth and Technology - Strategic and technical support to agencies involved in MSME cluster development||Leather at Santiniketan, Readymade Garment at Indore, Gold Jewellery at Thrissur, Food Processing at Muzzafurpur, Bearing at Jaipur, Light Engineering at Solan, Agricultural Implements at Karnal and Moga.||Office of Development Commissioner (MSME)|
|Dynamics of growth and stagnation of industrial cluster in India: Emerging issues and policy imperatives||Hand tools cluster, Nagaur (Rajasthan), Jalandhar & Ludhiana (Punjab)||Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India|
|Cluster Development Programme for Engineering Cluster||Engineering Cluster at Rajkot, Gujarat||Development Commissionerate, Small Scale Industries, Govt. of India|
|Cluster Development Programme for Brass Parts Cluster||Brass Parts Cluster at Jamnagar , Gujarat||Industries Commissionerate, Govt. of Gujarat|
|Sr. No.||Description||Name of the Clusters|
|1||National Resource Agency (NRA) - Office of DC - Handlooms||Burdwan (West Bengal), Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Sonepur (Orissa), Chirala (Andhra Pradesh), Chanderi / Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh), Bhagalpur (Bihar), Trivandrum (Kerala) Madhavaram, (Andhra Pradesh), Bijoynagar (Assam), Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) , Bijnore (Uttar Pradesh), Nadia (West Bengal) Trichy (Tamil Nadu), Imphal (Manipur), Gadag (Karnataka), Kurinjipadi (Tamil Nadu) Bargarh (Orissa), Mubarakpur (Uttar Pradesh) Tiruvanamalai (Tamil Madu), Barabanki (Uttar Pradesh)|
|2||Implementing Agency (IA) & Implementing Agency for Consolidation Phase from 2012 to 2015||Sonepur (Orissa), Varansi (Uttar Pradesh) and Chanderi - Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh)|
|3||Technical Agency KVIC (SFURTI)||Khadi Industries: Sultanpur, Haldwani, Raibarely, Gorakhpur, Sitapur, Nanded, Surendranagar Village Industries: Raigarh- Bell Metal, Sambhal - Muradabad- Horn & Born, Sindhudurg- Food Processing, Valsad - Neera; Coir Industries: Morjim [Goa], Mahuva - Gujarat, Kollam – Mangadu, Bepur - Kozhikode, Kottayam – Vaikom, Trivandrum – Chirayankeezhil, Lakshwadeep – Androth, Goa – Morjim;|
|4||EDI acts as a Cluster Management & Technical Agency (CMTA)||Sivasagar, Assam [Mega Cluster: Handlooms]|
|5||EDI acts as a Cluster Management & Technical Agency (CMTA)||Srinagar - J & K [Mega Carpet Cluster - J & K]|
|6||Technical Agency - Revamped SFURTI||Papad Cluster - Udaipur Rajasthan;Amla Processing - Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh; Pickle Cluster:Nalanda, Bihar;|
|7||Technical Agency - Revamped SFURTI||Blacksmithy & Agri Tools cluster - Bardoli, Gujarat Hand Knotted Carpet Cluster- Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh Croshia Cluster, Deoria; Pottery Cluster, Ghosi Mau; Hand Embroidery and zardozi cluster, Mau; Durry Cluster Mirzapur|
|8||Technical Agency Coir Board- Revamped SFURTI||Coir Industries : Trivandrum, Haripad, Balussery – Kerala; Banaskantha-Gujarat|
|9||Cluster Resource and Management Agency [CRMA] - HANDLOOMS||158 Clusters - 10 states|
- Set up Centre for Cluster Competitiveness, Growth & Technology (C3GT) with the support of DC(MSME) and provided training and technical support to 12 MSME-DIs in different States for successful implementation of cluster development programme.
- As an implementing agency, successfully implemented Cluster Development Programmes in MSME clusters in different States with the support of DC(MSME).
- Conducted capacity building programmes for MSME Business Membership Organisations (BMOs) with the support of Sequa, GIZ, SIDBI and Ministry of MSME.
- Worked as a National Resource Agency (NRA) for cluster development under the aegis of the Ministry of Textile, Govt. of India
- Worked as a National Technical Agency (NTA)- under Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) of KVIC & Coir Board.
- Worked as a Cluster Management and Technical Agency (CMTA) for handling Mega Clusters in Shivsagar, Assam and Srinagar, J&K.
- Worked as a Cluster Resource and Management Agency (CRMA) to support handloom cluster development and monitoring in 158 clusters spread across 10 States.
- Trained more than 700 Officials under Cluster Development Executives (CDE) Programme -Officials from MSME-DI, DIC, NABARD, Textile Committee, KVIC, Coir Board etc. were trained by us.
- Trained Industry Dept. Officials–Govt. of Gujarat, Govt. of Rajasthan, Govt. of Kerala on Cluster Development.
- Trained more than 160 Govt. Officials from 80 countries under International CDE Programme supported by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India.
- Implemented cluster development programmes, business development services (BDS) market development projects in several MSME clusters with the support of DC(MSME), DC(Handloom), DC(Handicrafts), KVIC, Coir Board, SIDBI, Govt. of Gujarat, World Bank, DFID, GIZ, UNDP etc.
- Conducted research on clusters, business development services and value chain with the support of the Ministry of MSME, SIDBI, GIZ.