Policy Advocacy, Knowledge and Research
An Acknowledged Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship, Public Policy & Advocacy
- Providing conceptual underpinnings to national and international policies.
- Assisting policy makers in their efforts of promoting entrepreneurship opportunities through demand-driven policies.
- Sensitising and impressing upon government bodies and private organisations to integrate entrepreneurship in their development policies.
- Creating a strong research and knowledge infrastructure in entrepreneurship.
- Undertaking evaluation and impact assessment studies of national and state Governments’ policies/schemes/programmes.
EDII set up the Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CREED) on its campus,
- Management Development Institute, Murshidabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi, India
- Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur
- Global Entrepreneurship Research Association (GERA), London Business School, London, UK
- Anna University, Chennai
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, India
- Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur
- Chhatrapati Sahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur
- Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences, Odisha
- Indian Institute of Management, Jammu, India
- Evolved the Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) Model; widely being implemented as EDI-EDP Model at national & international levels.
- Developed Industry Policy 2009 (specifically the part of MSME Cluster Development) for Government of Gujarat.
- Prepared Startup Vision Document, MSME Dossier for Govt. of Gujarat.
- Made recommendations to the National MSME Policy for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises under the chairpersonship of Prabhat Kumar, First Governor of Jharkhand.
- Contributed in AICTE Start-up Policy 2016.
- Developed and submitted National Entrepreneurship Policy to Govt. of India.
- Based on Research on ‘Review of Entrepreneurship Curricula in Higher Learning Institutions’ helped University Grants Commission, Govt. of India in developing entrepreneurship curriculum for college level education.
- Based on Research on ‘Entry Barriers to Entrepreneurship: As perceived by Youth’, facilitated the Ministry of SSI & ARI, Govt. of India in framing policy to establish Entrepreneurship and Business Development Centres in Universities.
- Designed an integrated nationally replicable programme for start-ups (Village Entrepreneurship).
- Formulated policy level interventions for entrepreneurship development in Cambodia, GMS Studies, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Uzbekistan and several developing countries.