Associate Professor and In-Charge,
Dept. of Entrepreneurship Education
MBA, MFC, PhD (Economics)
Areas of Specialization
- New Enterprise creation
Professor & Director - Dept. of Entrepreneurship Education
- Financial management
- Investment Analysis & Portfolio management
- New Enterprise creation
- Entrepreneurial finance and Security analysis
- On-going project titled ‘Strengthening Cottage Industries and Rural Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Gujarat’ supported by iNDEXT-C, Govt. of Gujarat (2020).
- Visited Zambia and Namibia for assessing the potential of setting-up Entrepreneurship Development Centre, under East and Southern Africa Division, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India in 2017 – 18.
- Principal Investigator of the completed DST sponsored project titled ‘Commercialization of Technology Developed by National R&D Organizations and Academic Institutions’ (2017-18).
- Principal Investigator of the completed DST sponsored project titled ‘Role of Innovation in Making Indian MSMEs Globally Competitive’ (2018-19).
- Principal Investigator of the DST sponsored project titled ‘Indicators on Entrepreneurship in S&T, Technology Business Incubators and Technology Start-ups’ (2018-20).
An academician in the areas of Entrepreneurship Education, Dr Satya Ranjan Acharya holds expertise in training budding entrepreneurs as well as grooming developed entrepreneurs. He is a Professor and Director Department of Entrepreneurship Education at EDII. He is currently leading the " Hastakala Setu" project, sponsored by the Commissioner of Cottage and Rural Industries., Gujarat.
Before joining EDII, he was associated with reputed Business Schools and worked as a research fellow at KL Chair of Entrepreneurship at IIM Ahmedabad.
He has attended 'Startup Accelerators in the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem' at MASHAV - Israel's Agency for International Development Cooperation, Israel, and 'Application of Business Simulation for Entrepreneurship Teaching' at the University of Tennessee, USA, added to his proficiency in the areas of entrepreneurship. He teaches courses in New Enterprise Creation, Entrepreneurial Finance and Security Analysis. He has conducted various management development programs in areas such as Agri Entrepreneurship, Technology Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation. He has organized various faculty development programs on entrepreneurship teaching and startup incubation for the Department of Education, Govt of Gujarat.
He is engaged with Startup focused initiatives of the Government of Gujarat, the MHRD Innovation Cell at the All India Council of Technical Education and various universities/Institutions. He is also the director of CRADLE, Centre for Advancing and Launching Enterprises, a DST-sponsored Incubation centre at EDII.
Edited a book titled “Organising Entrepreneurship and MSMEs across India” with Leo-Paul Dana (Dalhousie University, Canada), Naman Sharma (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata, India).
- Acharya, S.R., (2019). The State of Entrepreneurial Research in India, Hindustan Times (of HT Education), 22.05.2019.
- Acharya, S.R. (2019). Evolution of MOOCs and Entrepreneurship-How Entrepreneurs Can Hone Their Skills Through Online Courses, EDU Tech Special.
- Acharya, S.R. (2018). 2022 Sudhima 500 Million Loko ne Rojgarlakshi Shikshan, Divya Bhaskar/Business Bhaskar.
- Acharya, S.R. (2018). Rojgari Kshetra Malkhagat Parivartan na Marge Agreser, Divya Bhaskar/Business Bhaskar.
- Acharya, S.R., (2017). Start-up Mantras. The New Indian Express.
- Dhochak, M. and Acharya, S.R. (2017). Entrepreneurship: A Tool to Eradicate Unemployment. Small Enterprise.
- Acharya, S.R., and Parekh, J. (2012). Why Start Ups Fail To Scale? Perfect Professional, July-Sept-2019.
- Acharya, S. R. and Aagja, J. (2020). Bamboo House India: Creating sustainable livelihoods and ecofriendly solutions. Presented at South Asia Conference on January 8-10, 2020, organized by Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, School of management and labour studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai.
- Acharya, S.R. & Chandra, Y., (2019). Fostering Entrepreneurship: An Analysis of General Enterprising Tendency and Pedagogical Intervention in building Entrepreneurship Education. Proceedings of SSIP Annual Conference on Student Start-ups, Innovation and Ecosystem on June 06-07, 2019, organized by Student Startup Innovation Policy (SSIP), Gujarat Knowledge Society, Govt. of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Emerald Group Publishing (India) Private Limited, 130-155. (ISBN: 978-1-78635-427-3).
- Acharya, S.R. (2019). Proceedings of SSIP Annual Conference on Student Startups, Innovation and Ecosystem on June 06-07, 2019, organized by Student Startup Innovation Policy (SSIP), Gujarat Knowledge Society, Govt. of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Emerald Group Publishing (India) Private Limited, (ISBN: 978-1-78635-427-3).
- Acharya, S.R., and Dixit, T. (2019). Technology Entrepreneurship: Role of Government in Enabling Startup Support Ecosystem. Proceedings of SSIP Annual Conference on Student Start-ups, Innovation and Ecosystem on June 06-07, 2019, organized by Student Startup Innovation Policy (SSIP), Gujarat Knowledge Society, Govt. of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Emerald Group Publishing (India) Private Limited, 156-165.
- Pandit, N. Acharya, S.R. (2019). Professional Leadership in Indian Family Business and Business Growth. Proceedings of Thirteenth Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship, Bookwell Publishing, Delhi.
- Acharya, S.R., Dhochak, M., and Jain, A. (2019). Start-up Culture and Skill Development Driving Force of the Jobless Economy to Lucrative New Enterprise Creation and Employment Generation in India. Proceedings of Thirteenth Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship, Bookwell Publishing, Delhi.
- Acharya, S.R. and Dixit, T. (2017). CSR Funds: Fuelling Venture Prototypes. Proceedings of the International Conference on Enhancing Economic Productivity and Competitiveness through Financial and Monetary Reforms, Centre for Financial Services, Gujarat Technological University held on 6th & 7th October, 2017. Pg. 199-220.
- Acharya, S.R., & Chandra, Y. (2017). EDII Case study - Impact of Entrepreneurship Education on New Venture Creation: A study of Pedagogical Intervention introduced at the Post-Graduate Programme of Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India. 8th Indian Management Conclave (IMC), August 04-05, 2017, http://www.mbauniverse.com/.
- Singh, A.K., Ashraf, S.N., and Acharya, S.R. (2017). Viability of Bayh-Dole Act of USA in the Context of India: Critical Evidence from Review of Literature. Proceedings of Twelfth Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship, Bookwell Publishing, Delhi.
- Acharya, S.R., (2017). Book chapter on Basics of Entrepreneurship (translated in Gujarati), published by Megaseed department, Junagadh Agriculture University.
- Acharya, S.R., and Dinesh, J. (2016). Transforming Agricultural Innovations into Agri-Entrepreneurship. International Conference on Agribusiness in Emerging Economies, Institute of Rural Management, Anand.
- Acharya, S.R. (2014). Commodity futures market in India: Price behavior & hedging efficiency. Presented paper in an International Conference on Role of Financial Industry in Accelerating Economic Growth, on 26th & 27th September 2014 at Gujarat Technological University.
- Acharya, S.R. (2011). Barrier to entrepreneurship in GMS region. Presented paper at International Seminar on Asia – Pacific region in 2020: Balance of Power on 15th June 2011 at Yunnan University of Finance and Economics, Yunnan, China.
- Dhochak, M., Acharya, S.R., and Sareen, S.B. (2019). Assessing the effectiveness of business incubators. International Journal of Innovation and Learning, 26 (2), 177-194.
- Acharya, S.R, and Chandra, Y. (2019). Entrepreneurship Skills Acquisition through Education: Impact of the Nurturance of Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude on New Venture Creation. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Science Index 146, International Journal of Social, Behavioural, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering, 13(2), 186 - 196.
- Sheth, B.P., Acharya, S.R., and Sareen, S.B. (2019). Policy implications for the improvement of technology transfer and commercialization process in the Indian context. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management, 10 (1), 214-233.
- Sudhanshu, S.R., Acharya, S.R., and Darshak, B.P. (2015). Commodity Futures Market in India: Hedging Efficiency. Financial Markets and Economic Development, Bloomsbury, 18 36.
- Acharya, S.R., Rath, S.S., and Panchal, B. (2015). Application of data envelopment analysis on Indian gold ETFs. Int. J. Business Continuity and Risk Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- Conducted regional boot camps for proof of concept stage shortlisted students at 14 locations across country on behalf of AICTE – MHRD’s Innovation Cell in 2019.
- Advisory Board member for 22nd Annual Convention of the Strategic Management Forum (SMF) conducted by IIM Ranchi.
- Conducted annual conference on Student Innovation, Start‐Ups and Ecosystem in June, 2019 at EDII as part of Student Startup & Innovation Policy (SSIP), Department of Technical Education, Govt. of Gujarat, the first of its kind conference, supporting and promoting student startups and ecosystem. In addition to this initiative, conducted round table with vice chancellors of the universities across the state at the campus. Also coordinated an investor round table capturing their perception for the SSIP policy implementation.
- Piloted the Innovate India 2019 program organised by National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) for innovation and IP promotion at the Institute.
- Steered the MSME convention at Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017 as implementing partner and ecosystem enabler; Compiled cases of successful MSME entrepreneurs from Gujarat, launched during the inaugural of the MSME convention.
- Directed regional boot-camps (with start-up pitching) in Gujarat as part of state level hunt in association with regional networking partners in association with Gujarat CSR Authority, February 2017.
- Industry Associations like Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry (GCCI) and other industry bodies for mediating mentoring support in the areas of innovation, entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property for the students and startups associated.
- Association with faculty and experts of various technical institutes for support to students and startups.