- BSc (Agriculture)
- MBA (Agribusiness Management)
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Scrum and Digital Marketing Certified
Areas of Specialization
Business incubation and Commodities Trading
Courses taught/projects handled :
Handled projects related to farmer producer organizations (FPOs), technology commercialization, branding, incubation, commodities trading, agri-business entrepreneurship and organic farming.
Mr. Samit Kumar has over 16 years of work experience with companies like Monsanto, NCDEX, Mahindra & Mahindra and IRRI. Mr. Kumar has successfully led teams and projects related to farmer empowerment, technology commercialization, business incubation, entrepreneurship and others. He has worked extensively with the Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), start-ups and entrepreneurs PAN India to map their value chain, governance, institutional strength, business behaviour, marketing strategy, operational excellence, supply chain and market linkages. He has also led and corroborated research & analysis geared towards methodically improving women’s economic outcomes and possibilities through various entrepreneurship models.
- Samit Kumar, "Leveraging On Block Chain Technology To Aggrandize And Scale Organic Agriculture",IJRAR - International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), E-ISSN 2348-1269,P- ISSN 2349-5138,Volume.7, Issue 2, Page No pp.850-856, May 2020, Available at: http://www.ijrar.org/IJRAR2002257.pdf
- Samit Kumar, "Technological Intercropping with the Cloud, IoT, and Big Data in Indian Organic Agriculture ", International Management Review (IMR), USA, ISSN 1551-6849, Volume.16, No. 2, 2020, Page No 94-104, September’2020, Available at: http://americanscholarspress.us/journals/IMR/pdf/IMR-2-2020/IMR-v16n2art8.pdf
- Participated in the TIFAC-IIASA International Conference: System Analysis for Enabling Integrated Policy Making (12th August 2022) and presented the paper on “Climate-smart agriculture (CSA) for enhancing livelihood resilience and women entrepreneurship in Odisha" under the theme (Theme 4 – Building Resilience: Climate Observations and Modelling for Hydro-Meteorological Risk Reduction, Agriculture and Water).
- Participated in the 11th National Seed Congress on “Recent advances in research on quality seeds for self-sufficiency in Oilseeds and Pulses” organized by Rajmata Vijayraje Scindia Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya (RVSKVV), Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, from 21st to 23rd August’2022 and presented the lead paper on “Role of farmer collectives in ensuring seed accessibility, affordability and availability (3As)”.
- Participated in the International Conference “Vision 2050: Agri-Business and Food Processing Organization Perspective” organized by the Department of Food Business Management and Entrepreneurship Development (NIFTEM) organized from 17th to 19th December’2022 and presented the research paper on “Production and marketing potential of Rice Bran Oil in India”.