Assistant Professor (Grade-I)
Ph.D in Management from NIT Silchar
MBA from Periyar University, Salem
Areas of Specialization
- Cluster Development, FPO and Value Chain Promotion
- FPO programme in Assam under Central Sector Scheme Formation and Promotion of 10000 FPO (Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare)
- Development of Bamboo Base Handicraft Clusters in Nagaland State sponsored by Ministry of Textile.
- Eri Value Chain Development in Assam sponsored by UNDP
- Mushroom Value Development in Kamrup District of Assam sponsored by ASRLM
- SME Cluster Development Programme at Bihar State sponsored by DIC, Govt of Bihar.
Dr. Das is a seasoned professional with more than 8 years of project management and implementation experience. He is credited for his expertise in cluster development, FPO promotion and value chain development. His experience is varied - across states in India and multilateral agencies. The domains that he specializes in, include; agri and food processing, handicrafts, bamboo and silk, in addition to several industrial and artisanal clusters. SME sustainability and growth is also his area of expertise.
- “The Industrial Cluster Concept: A Literature Review”. SEDME Journal, ni- msme, Hyderabad, Government of India, Vol. 38, No. 1, 2011.
- “The Industrial Cluster Concept in Regional Economic Development Prospective: A Literature Review”, SEDME Journal, ni- msme, Hyderabad, Government of India, Vol. 39, No.2, 2012.
- “Cluster Development Initiative for Poverty Alleviation: A Case Study”. Journal of Rural Development, National Institute of Rural Development, Govt. of India, 2015.
- “Cluster as a Strategic Approach to SMEs Development and Poverty”. Spectrum: An International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol.1, Issue.1, 2013.
- Industrial Cluster: An approach for Rural Development for North East India. International Journal of Trade Economics and Finance, Singapore, Vol.2, No.2, 2011.
- Published Book titled “Industrial Cluster: An Approach for Rural Development in North East India”. LAP LAMBAART Academic Publishing. ISBN-10-9783659290398, Year-2011
- Published Book titled “Cluster Development Approach towards Poverty Alleviation and Income Generation: A Case Study on Barpeta District of Assam”. MRB Publication. ISBN No. 978-93-83403-30-5, Year-2014.
- Five days of workshop cum training programme on Faculty Development Programme on Effective Teaching organized by TEQIP-National Institute of Technology Silchar in April, 2012.
- One-week short-term training programme on Application of Statistics in Engineering, Management & Applied Sciences, organized by Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Silchar, in October, 2012.
- Five days of training cum workshop attained at Applied Statistical Unit Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata in December, 2011.
- Presented one paper on the international conference on Globalization is Irreversible: Need for Branding India Inc. & Making MSMEs Competitive, organized by MSME Department Commissionerate of Industries and Commerce, Government of Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore, held on 2- 3 March, 2012.