Assistant Professor (Grade-I)
- Ph. D. in English Literature, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Certificate in Corporate Communication, NMIMS, Mumbai
- M.A. in English Literature, Osmania University, Hyderabad
- M.A. in Linguistics, Calcutta University
Areas of Specialization
- Business Communication
- Managerial Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
Assistant Professor & Coordinator - Dept. of Policy Advocacy, Knowledge & Research
- Business Communication
- Strategic Communication
- Development Communication
- Strategic HRM & Negotiation
- Women Entrepreneurship
- As member of the Research Team, Completed Evaluation of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna PPPIAD project on “PPPIAD for Groundnut farmers in Saurashtra Region of Gujarat Year 2020-21; Funding Agency: Directorate of Agriculture, Govt. of Gujarat
- As member of the Research Team, executed KVIC Impact Study of Khadi Institutions across India assessing the impact and scope of KRDP Direct Reform Assistance
A facilitator in the areas of Business Communication, Organizational Communication, and Corporate Communication, with over 18 years of experience in academia, Dr Baishali Mitra holds expertise in training undergraduate/graduate students, professional executives, and grooming budding entrepreneurs.
After having completed her double M.A. in Linguistics and English Literature, she received her PhD in English Literature from Osmania University.
At present, she is engaged in research in the areas of Women Entrepreneurship and Development Communication. Her research in mobile enabled language learning under the UGC Grant has helped students in anytime, anywhere learning. She is a qualified Business English Certificate Trainer and specializes in areas such as Communication for Professional Success, Effective Persuasion and Negotiation skills, Corporate Communication Strategies, Leadership Communication, Communication for marketing and brand image, Communication to crack a job interview, etc. She is well recognized as a corporate trainer and has conducted MDPs for PSU and Corporates. She is certified in Corporate Communication. Writing poetry for blog is something that occupies her free time.
Chapters in Books
- Future of Mobile Learning in Higher Education, Ethics and Responsibility in Human Resources, Leadership and Start-Up Business, page 113 – 121, edited by Hanna Lehtimaki, Bloomsbury publishing India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, 2019, ISBN: 978-93-89449-64- 8
- Disruptive Technologies Radically Reshaping Necessary Managerial Skills: A multi-dimensional approach, Evolving Business Models in Ecosystem of Disruptive Technologies and Social Media, page 75 - 85, edited by Ajoy Kumar Dey , Hanna Lehtimaki, Bloomsbury publishing India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, 2018, ISBN: 978-93-88630- 07-8
- Light from Heaven: Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Krishna Consciousness, Bhakti Movement and Literature-Re-forming a Tradition, Ed. M.Rajagopalachary, K.Damodar, Rawat Publications, Jaipur, ISBN 978-81-316-0812-8, Print
- Rohinton Mistry’s Such a long Journey: Perspectives of Multiculturalism and Double Displacement. Multiculturalism in Indian Tradition and Literature, ed. By M. Rajagopalachary, K. Damodar Rao. Atlantic Publishers & Distributors. New Delhi. 2016. ISBN: 978- 81-269- 2112-6.
- Negotiating Multiculturalism in JhumpaLahiri’s The Namesake, Flowering of Indian English Literature- New Dimensions, ed. By B. Krishnaiah, Prestige Books, New Delhi 2014.
- Coaching strategies for Leadership Development: A Futuristic Study, Envisioning the Future Business. Excel Books. New Delhi, 2012. Print.
- Mobile Enabled Learning: An Augmented Approach for Sustainability in Higher Education, International Conference, Research and Business Sustainability, IIT Roorkie, Proceedings of International Conference on Research and Business Sustainability, Excellent Publishing House, 978-93-86238-38-2, December 2017
- Globalising Indian Thought, IIMK, https://iimk.ac.in/research/git2020/GIT2020_Conference_Proceedings.pdf
- Evolving Pedagogy to Enable and Facilitate Distributed Learning, using Mobile Technology for enhancing English Language Communication Skills, International Academic Industrial Research, ISBN 978-93-8. 2014.
- Teaching Effectively within an Evolving Technology, Reflections, Shivya Products Lucknow, March 2014, ISBN: 978-81-927441-6-2, Book of proceedings
Articles in News Magazines
- “Repositioning and Changein-design for Effective Online Teaching-learning” – published in BW Business World
- “The Emergence of Hybrid Learning in Higher Education – Advantages and Perils” – published in Higher Education Digest
- “She Is the Game-Changer: Women- Entrepreneurship in India” – published in BW Business World
- Technological disruptions reshaping management education: a qualitative study of stakeholder perspectives, International Journal of Management in Education (Inderscience), 2020. DOI: 10.1504/IJMIE.2021.113526 (Scopus)
- Book Review, Jaimin Vasa, Competitive Strategies for Indian SMEs, Lessons from China, The Journal of Entrepreneurship, 2020. (ABDC) https://doi.org/10.1177/0971355720930580
- Mobile Learning: A Pedagogical Framework to Facilitate Distributed Learning through Collaborative approach for Enhancing English Language Communication Skills, IEEE Xplore, T4E Conference, 2015. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=7395625 (Scopus)
- Collaborative Approach through Asynchronous Communication, The Journal of English Language Teaching, Vol. 56/4 July August 2014 (UGC)
- Gendering the Women: Feminine Aesthetics in Divakaruni’s Writings, Kakatiya Journal of English Studies, Dept. of English, Kakatiya University, Vol: 31, 2012.Print.
- “Assessing Women Entrepreneurs’ Well-Being: An Empirical Study in Indian Landscape”, Biennial International Conference, EDII, 2021
- “Women Entrepreneurship: Socio Cultural Perspective”, GIT 2020, IIMK, January 2020
- “Disruptive Technologies Radically Reshaping Necessary Managerial Skills: A MultiDimensional Perspective”, ICMC, BIMTECH 2018
- “Social Entrepreneurship: The Role of Social Purpose in Facilitating Development through Strategic Communication”, International Conference, Business, Economics & Sustainable Development, Teri School of Advance Studies, Delhi, February 2018
- “Mobile Enabled Learning: An Augmented Approach for Sustainability in Higher Education”, International Conference, Research and Business Sustainability, IIT
Roorkie, December 2017
- “The Literary Trajectory of Mahabharata’s Draupadi across Globalisation and Migration”, International Conference, Global Migration: Rethinking Skills, Knowledge and Culture. GRFDT, November 2016
- “Mobile Learning: A Pedagogical Framework to Facilitate Distributed Learning through Collaborative approach for Enhancing English Language Communication Skills”,
- Technology for Education, IEEE International Conference, NIT Warangal, Dec 2015
- “Using POGIL Technique for improving LSRW Skills”, Teacher Educator Conference, TEC 2015, International Conference, British Council, Hyderabad, Feb.2015
- “Teaching Effectively within an Evolving Technology Backdrop”, Role of ELT in Education for Sustainable Development, International Conference, Amity University, Lucknow Campus, May 2014
- “Evolving Pedagogy for a Continuous Professional Development”, National Conference on Rethinking the Role of Humanities in Technical Education: Pedagogies and Possibilities, BITS Pilani Hyderabad, October 2013.
- English Language Teachers’ Association of India (ELTAI)
- Global Research Forum on Diaspora and Transnationalism (GRFDT)