- Ph. D., (Technology Management)
- M.S. (by Research) (IITM)
- B.E., (NITT).
- Machine Learning with Business Applications, IIMB, (2022)
- Medical Devices – Clinical Evaluation Technical Writing (CER-MEDDEV 2.7/1.), Turacoz (2022)
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Caterpillar Inc., (2007)
- Indian Government Scholarship Research Assistance (2009 to 2016).
- JASSO Research Fellowship, Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan (Mar, 2016).
- Fellowship awarded, IBM Global Sustainability Summer School, Brunei (July, 2011).
Areas of Specialization
- Technology Management,
- New Product Development
Courses taught/projects handled :
Thinking in systems
Dr. Ananthavalli Ramesh is an alumnus of NITT (B.E.,) and IITM (M.S., and Ph.D.,) with 15 years of experience in industry and teaching. She has interdisciplinary domain expertise from engineering design, new product development, healthcare research to technology management. She has more than a decade of industry experience with Royal Enfield, GM, Volvo and Caterpillar. She has designed the curriculum for Mahatma Gandhi National Council for Rural Education (MGNCRE) for the rural MBA programs. Dr. Ananthavalli Ramesh is certified technical writer for Clinical Evaluation Report – medical devices. She coined the term ‘Concept Exploration Process’ as part of her M.S. (by Research) program at DoMs, IITM to facilitate new product success. She worked closely with hospitals to deploy patient-engagement (patient centric care) as an outcome of her doctoral research at DoMs, IITM.
She works closely with students to nurture an entrepreneurial mindset. She has published several papers in reputed journals in the areas of healthcare management and product design.
Ananthavalli Ramesh, ‘Emerging technology driven solutions in healthcare management for providers, healthcare professionals and patients’, Man-Machine collaboration Book, Springer publication – under process.
Ananthavalli R. and L. Prakash Sai, ‘Ideas to Concepts through Concept Exploration Process,’ ICoRD’23, IISC, Bangalore, India. Springer publication, 2023.
- Ananthavalli R. and L. Prakash Sai, ‘Technology Management Issues in Indian Medical Devices Industry: A Morphological Analysis’, Driving the Economy through innovation and Entrepreneurship – Emerging Agenda for Technology Management, Springer, New Delhi, India, pp 89-100, 2012.
Ananthavalli R. and L. Prakash Sai, ‘Patient Preparedness and Enablers for Decision-Making of Dental Implant Adoption’, European Health Management Association, Breda, Netherlands, 2015.
- Ananthavalli R. and L. Prakash Sai, ‘A shared decision-making model for dental implant treatment’ , International Shared Decision Making Conference, Sydney, Australia, 2015.
- Ananthavalli R. and L. Prakash Sai, ‘Decision Making Process in Choice of Dental Implants’, Second International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 2014.
- Ananthavalli R. and L. Prakash Sai, ‘Consumers As Patients: What Enables Their Decision?’ The 9th Yale – Great Lakes Conference An International Research Conference, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, India 2014.
- Ananthavalli R. and L. Prakash Sai, ‘Concept Exploration Process in New Product Development – An Empirical Study with Indian Industries’, Proceedings of International Conference on Research into Design’11 (ICORD), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 2011.
- Ananthavalli R. and M. Preetha, ‘Consumer’s Attitude & Intension Towards Green Disposal Behaviour’, Proceedings of 4th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India, 2011.
- Ananthavalli R. and S.K. Medha, ‘Designing for Children – A Morphological Analysis’, Proceedings of International Conference on Designing for Children, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India, 2010.
- Ananthavalli R. and L. S. Ganesh, ‘Concept Exploration in New Product Development – A Morphological Analysis’, Presented in PDMA International Conference, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India, 2009.
Member of Product Design Management Association, India