Widespreading benefits for Entrepreneurship as a Career
EDII has been extending a helping hand to universities across the country so that more and more students could see the benefits of pursuing entrepreneurship as a career
In association with Savitribai Phule Pune University’s Centre for Innovation, Incubation & Enterprise (SPPU’s-CIIE), the first Faculty Development Programme was organized. 118 faculty members participated in the five-day programme which focused on ‘Building Startups & Innovation Centres’ and aimed at strengthening the fundamentals about creating an enterprise and fostering innovation among the teaching community.
This extremely thoughtfully designed programme aimed at familiarising the students with Entrepreneurship and sensitising them towards opting for entrepreneurship as a career. The programme covered a range of topics such as basic concepts of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial mind-set, business opportunity identification process, start-up ecosystem and business simulations. The sessions were interactive and delved into Design thinking and Business Model canvas.
- 133 students pursuing Post Graduate Diploma in Management programme at Unitedworld School of Business were oriented on different aspects of entrepreneurship as part of a three-day programme.
- Participants were introduced to Design Thinking and Business Model Canvas, as part of which they prepared the aspiration canvas and presented it to the panel of experts for feedback.
- Designed to provide aspiring student entrepreneurs the opportunity to study a course on entrepreneurship while undergoing their regular degree course.
The Institute encourages visits of students to its campus for getting sensitised towards entrepreneurship. The idea is to generate an interest in them about the discipline so that they explore it and pursue it as a career. It is a communication opportunity for Institute to make students familiar towards the entrepreneurship. The programme delivered high value through a blend of intensive and immersive campus visit and classroom interaction.
EDII has submitted students’ start-up ideas to ‘Support for Entrepreneurial and Management Development of MSMEs through Incubator Scheme’ of the Government of India. The main objective of the scheme is to promote and support untapped creativity among individuals and promote emerging technologies in manufacturing as well as digital transformation through knowledge-based innovative MSMEs (ventures) that seek validation of their ideas at the proof-of-concept level. The Scheme has also attempted to choose enablers who have supported such MSMEs in expanding business as well as designing, strategizing and executing.
Till now, the following ideas of students from EDII were awarded Rs. 15 lakhs each:
- Let Loyalty Never be Penalized (LLNBP) by Debashish Sakunia (PGDM-BE, 2018-20) : Let Loyalty Never Be Penalized is working on AI enabled services to bring the cycle of cash burning to acquire and retain customers to a halt. Their Unique Customer Mind Map solutions help businesses acquire loyalty by funneling their efforts to reach the right customer at the right place at the right time.
- Beegle Agritech Pvt Ltd by Havyas KS (PGDM-BE, 2018-20) : The firm aims to make a drone for agriculture that can be made available, accessible and affordable by Indian farmers in their daily agricultural activity.
- Longshore Tech by Amey Naik (PGDM-BE, 2019-21) : Longshore Tech, focuses on developing a zero-waste technology to convert industrial food processing waste into products for healthcare, agriculture, and packaging.
Over the past 29 years, EDII has been imparting unique exposure to children and youths through its National Summer Camps. EDII's Summer Camps on Entrepreneurial Stimulation introduced the concept of 'Entrepreneurship' to children and youth and familiarized them with the fundamental traits of becoming an 'achiever'. The camps focused on changing mindsets and enabling children and youth to rely on their own potential to create jobs for themselves through entrepreneurship.