PGPBM (HR and Marketing) from ASBM Bhubaneswar
MPhil (Zoology); MSc (Zoology) from Sambalpur University
Areas of Specialization
Human Resource Management
Intellectual Capital Management
Knowledge Management, Innovation
Social Entrepreneurship Research Methods
Dr. Saswat Barpanda is a PhD from IIT Kharagpur in the area of strategic HRM, MSc (Gold Medallist), Mphil from Sambalpur University. He has more than a decade of experiences in Consulting, Research, Teaching, Mentoring, and Manpower Planning. His Area of Research includes Strategic Human Resource Management, Intellectual Capital Management, Knowledge Management, Innovation, Frugal Innovation, and Organizational Demography. Areas of interest for teaching are Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, Industrial Relation and Business Ethics, Social Entrepreneurship, HR analytics, Research Methodology. Prior to EDII, he has worked for Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham for more than 5 years. He is successfully guided one PhD scholar and guiding few more in allied research areas.
- Barpanda, S. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2012), A Case study on the ethical issues in MFIs, International Journal of Business Ethics in Developing Economies (IJBEDE), Vol 1, Issue 1, pp. 27-33, (EBSCO AND PROQUEST Indexed).
- Barpanda, S. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2014), Human capital and organizational learning a study of Indian microfinance institutions, Int. J. Management Practice , Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.222 to 239 (SCOPUS & ABDC listed).
- Barpanda, S. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2015), A new perspective on performance in Indian microfinance institutions: an empirical study, International Journal of Sustainable Economies Management (IJSEM), Vol.4, No. 4, pp.1-17 (INDEX COPERNICUS, GOOGLE SCHOLAR).
- Barpanda, S. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2016), Intellectual capital components in Indian microfinance sector: scale development and an empirical study, International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital (IJLIC), Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 338-360 ( SCOPUS & ABDC listed).
- Barpanda, S and Mridula T (2019), "Knowledge Transfer in Non-profit Organizations: A Qualitative Study" International Journal of Knowledge and Learning (IJKL). Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 25-44 (SCOPUS & ABDC listed).
- Barpanda, S. and Bhagyalakshmi, U. (2019), “Relationship of employee’s perception on health and safety measures and job performance: the mediating effects of job satisfaction”, International Journal of Environment, Workplace and Employment, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 107-127 (SCOPUS & ABDC listed).
- Barpanda,S and Sreekumar, N (2020), Performance Analysis of Hospitals in Kerala Using DEA Model, Journal of Health Management, Vol. 22, No.1, pp. 23-40 (SCOPUS)
- Barpanda, S. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2020), Does firmography patterns human resource practice? Evidence from microfinance industry of India. Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Vol. 10, No.1, pp. 24-39
- Cornet. S and Barpanda. S (2020), Exploring Social Innovation through Co-Creation in Rural India using Action Research" ,Social Enterprise Journal, emerald ABDC listed
- Barpanda.S and Kamal. A (2020), Associations of Personality and Emotional Intelligence with Political Skill: A study on Budding Managers, Indian Journal of Positive Psychology. Vol. 11, No.4, pp.354-364
- Barpanda. S and Kamal. A (2020), Energy Consumption Behavior and the role of Cognitive Norms among the Higher Education Institution Students“ Teri Information Digest on Energy and Environment (TIDEE), Vol. 19, No.3.
- Shivdas, A; Barpanda, S; Sivakumar, S. Frugal Innovation Capability: Conceptualization and Measurement", Prometheus: Critical Studies in Innovation; ABDC listed (Accepted)
- Barpanda, S (2012), “An Analysis of Human Resource Strategy in Microfinance Sector” edited book titled “Finance & Sustainable Development (With Special Reference to Micro Finance)” ISBN 978-8484-186-2, Regal Publisher: New Delhi.
- Barpanda, S. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2013), “The Malegam Committee Microfinance Report: - Will the MFIs Accept It?” edited book titled "Resource book on Case studies in Business Management: a global perspective", Anne Book Pvt. Ltd, ISBN 9789382127543.
- Barpanda, S. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2013), “Adaptability is the key to learning; a case of Indian MFIs” in edited book titled “Facing Challenges in the Era of Globalization” EPH, Excellent Publishing House, New Delhi, ISBN: 978-93-83083-13-8
- Barpanda, S. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2014), “Turbulent Triggers Transformation, A case of Indian Microfinance Institutions,” in edited book titled “Managing Business in Turbulent time: A case study approach”, ICBM School of Business Excellence, Hyderabad, ISBN: 978-81-924315-0-5.
- Barpanda. S (2012) (coauthored with 5 authors), “Effects of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Regulations on Public Sector Lending for Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)” IFMR, Centre for Microfinance Research Group
- Barpanda. S (2013) (coauthored with 5 authors), “Rethinking Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Regulations for MFIs: An Analysis of Microfinance Clients from Urban and Semi-urban Communities, A case study”; CMF Focus Note.
- Barpanda, S (2008), Management and Spirituality, HRD News Letter (ISSN-0974-1720), Vol.24, Issue. 5, pp. 22-23
- Barpanda, S (2008), Headhunting: an art or a science, HRD News Letter (ISSN-0974-1720), Vol.24, Issue. 6, pp. 38-39
- Barpanda, S. (2012), presented paper titled “Ethics in Human Resource Management: With Special Reference to Microfinance Sector”, International Conference on “Managing Human Resources at the Workplace”, 14-15 December, 2012, ISBN: 978-81-922146-4-1, SDM Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD), Mysore, Karnataka.
- Barpanda, S. (2013), presented paper titled “Role of Human Capital in the Sustainability of Microfinance Institutions”, National Conference on “Paradigm for Sustainable Business: People, Planet & Profit” held on March 8 & 9, 2013 at Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee.
- Barpanda, S. and Mukhopadhyay, S. (2013) presented paper (case) titled “Adaptability is the key to learning; a case of Indian MFIs” has been published on International Case Colloquium in 18th May 2013 on the theme “Facing Challenges in the Era of Globalization” by Shri Vaishnav Institute of Management. ISBN: 978-93-83083-13-8.
- Barpanda, S. and Mukhopadhyay, S. (2013) Presented paper (case) titled “Turbulence Triggers Transformation: A Case on Indian Microfinance Institutions” in International Case Competition - 2013 on the theme “Managing Business In Turbulent Times” organized by ICBM - School of Business Excellence, Hyderabad in association with Academy of Management Professionals and ACBSP, Global Business Accreditation on 9th Nov. 2013
- Barpanda, S. and Mukhopadhyay, S. (2013) Presented Paper titled ‘Human Capital and Firm Performance: Human Resource Practice as Mediator in Indian Microfinance Sector’ in “COSMAR 2013”, The 13th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) on 15th & 16th November 2013 at the Department of Management Studies, IISc. Bangalore.
- Barpanda, S. and Mukhopadhyay, S. (2017) Presented paper titled “Does Firmography matters in Shaping Human Resource? A Study in Microfinance Industry” on National Management Conclave: "Business, Innovation & Sustainability" on Jan, 2017, NIT Rourkela.
- Kamal, A and Barpanda, S (2017) Presented a paper titled ““Moderating role of Technological Changes in the relationship between Human Capital and Labour productivity in the Indian Automobile Industry.” Indian Society of Labour Economics, 59th Annual conference, 16th to 18th Dec at Thiruvanathapuram at Gulati Institute of Finance and Taxation
- Kamal, A and Barpanda, S (2017) Presented a paper titled” Factors influencing the Energy Consumption Behavior Pattern among the Indian Higher Education Institution Students” IEEE International Conference on Technological Advancements in Power and Energy (TAP Energy 2017) , 22nd Dec-23rd Dec, at Amrita University. Kerala
- Barpanda, S (2020) participated and presented at Globethics.net International Conference, Building New Bridges Together: Strengthening Ethics in Higher Education after COVID-19