Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
Against the backdrop that the country needs entrepreneurs to ensure economic development and to create job opportunities, it is only prudent to introduce research programmes in entrepreneurship education to create scholars and thought leaders who can in turn, promote entrepreneurship widely. With this objective, EDII launched the first-of-its-kind, ‘Fellow Programme in Management’ with emphasis on entrepreneurship in year 2014. The programme is designed to address the gaps in the availability of trained educators, researchers, business consultants and resource persons in entrepreneurship at higher learning institutions/professional organisations/ Government departments/industry in India. The cadre of academicians thus created will raise the standards of education and research, thereby ensuring wider acceptance of entrepreneurship as a career option in the society.
The FPM shall highlight on the following:
- Foundation of theoretical, empirical and applied aspects in major areas of Entrepreneurship.
- Professional ethics and intellectual honesty.
- Interdisciplinary research and training of high quality.
- Proficient activities and joint academic efforts.
- Networking with leading entrepreneurship and research institutions globally.
|Duration: 04 Years||Language: English|
Who Should Join?
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering/ Technology/ Management/ Economics/ Social Science/ Biological Science/ Pure Science/ Commerce/ Humanities with FIRST CLASS will be considered for admission to Fellowship Programme. Those appearing for their final examination in the respective discipline can also apply. Such students if selected will be provisionally admitted provided they complete all requirements obtaining their master’s degree before 30th September of the year.
The programme will be offered with following objectives:
1. To groom potential scholars and make them competent and innovative researchers and educators in various facets of entrepreneurship;
2. To encourage inter-disciplinary high calibre research studies in entrepreneurship with policy implications;
3. To investigate synergy between theory and practice of entrepreneurship as relevant to the Indian context; and accordingly strengthen entrepreneurship education and research ecosystem in the country.
4. To fulfil the gaps in availability of indigenously trained educators, researchers and resource persons in entrepreneurship at higher learning institutions in India;
5. To motivate scholars to take up theoretical and empirical research work leading to policy papers and publications in journals of repute.
In consistency with internationally renowned Indian and international higher learning institutions, the programme will comprise of four phases of course and thesis work. During the first two phases, the candidates will be expected to complete course work over a period not exceeding first two academic years. During the third and fourth phase the candidates will be involved in proposal development, data collection and thesis writing.
Candidates will go through coursework in 6 terms spread over two academic years, and complete 45 credits. The academic group that a candidate joins will be treated as the Major Area, while the candidate may additionally choose another academic group as a Minor Area of specialization. Each credit consists of 10 hours of classroom interaction.
First Year Courses Compulsory Core Course(s) will broadly constitute the following:
- Entrepreneurship Foundation.( 6.0 Credits)
- Management Foundation.(18.0 Credits)
- Research Methods and Quantitative Techniques.( 4.5 Credits)
In the first year, candidates would be required to earn 28.5 credits through the courses mentioned above.
The Second Year Courses will be broadly on the following five categories:
A. Courses on Policy & Theories (CPT):
- 1.0 Credit Course on Business Policy.
- 1.5 Credits Course on Advance in Entrepreneurship Theories.
- Courses on Business Policy and Advances in Entrepreneurship Theories are compulsory for every FPM student. The courses under Policy and Theories will be run as a lecture and seminar course.
B. Area- specific Core Seminar Courses (ASCSC):
- 4.0 Credits courses in Major area.
- 2.0 Credits courses in Minor area
- The major and minor seminar courses are compulsory for all FPM students. The courses under major/minor areas will be run as a seminar course.
C. Compulsory Collaborative Academic Project (CCAP):
- 1.5 Credits Collaborative Academic Project 1 (Review Article)
- 1.5 Credits Collaborative Academic Project 2 (Empirical Paper)
- Collaborative Academic projects are mandatory for every FPM student. The candidate has to review academic literature and develop article/empirical paper which can be submitted for the publication. FPM candidates also have to contribute as a teaching assistant (in minimum two courses) with any faculty member during 2nd year of the program, on their preferred courses.
D. Quantitative & Qualitative Techniques & Research Methodology Courses (QQTRMC):
- 3.0 Credits Courses on Quantitative & Qualitative Techniques.
- Quantitative & Qualitative Techniques & Research Methodology Courses are compulsory for every FPM student. The courses will be run as lecture and seminar course.
E. Thesis and Academic Writing Course (TAWC):
- 1.0 Credit Course on from Thesis and Academic Writing
- Thesis and Academic Writing Course is compulsory for every FPM student. The course will be run as lecture and seminar course.
- The third and fourth year course will be broadly on the following category:
Teaching Assistantship Assignment (TAA).
- 1.0 Credit in Teaching Assistantship Assignment
- The Teaching Assistantship is compulsory for every FPM student. The student has to choose the at least one full course (of minimum 3.0 Credit each) for teaching in Post Graduate during 3rd and 4th year. FPM Students are also encouraged to design and coordinate short term programmes/project
Programme begins from First Week of July.
Trimester – I (July – October)
Trimester – II (October – January)
Trimester – III (January – April)
The programme is designed to address the gaps in the availability of trained educators, researchers, business consultants and resource persons in entrepreneurship at higher learning institutions/ professional organisations/ government department / industry in India.
Fees and Financial Aids
The fee for the FPM is Rs. 8,37,555 from which Rs. 6,29,055 will be waived off. After waive off, the charged fee for the programme will be Rs. 2,08,500 which has to be paid by student in 16 different instalments. This fee includes costs of tuition, library, basic teaching material, examination and use of computer laboratory, cost of admission form, refundable caution money and one time alumni fee.
A. Fellowship for EDII-Sponsored Candidates: The institute has provision of providing fellowship support (tuition-fee waiver and stipend) to few selected and deserving candidates which covers stipend, contingency grants and tuition fee waiver. The cost of library, basic teaching material, examination and use of computer laboratory will be deducted from the candidates’ stipend as per the norms of the institute. In addition, the fellowship candidates will also need to pay Rs.1000 towards admission form and Rs.10000 as refundable caution money.
B. Stipend & Contingency Grant for EDII-sponsored Candidates: Selected candidate, as decided by FPM Executive Committee (based on background and merit), will be given a stipend that starts at Rs.25000 per month for the first two years, and will go up to Rs.30000 per month depending on the candidate’s academic progress in the third and fourth year. In addition, deserving candidates can avail contingency grants of up to Rs.30000 in the first year of study, and up to Rs.20000/- per year for subsequent three years.