Department of Projects
EDII seeks to develop knowledge that encourages innovation and replicable models through various Government and Corporate Sponsored projects. These projects include those assigned by the Central and the State Governments, development organizations and public enterprises.
Through various projects under the categories of Government-sponsored and Corporate- sponsored, EDII seeks to develop knowledge that encourages innovation and replicable models. Institute's projects, across the country, have covered diverse sectors and target groups, and have made a unique contribution to economic and entrepreneurial transformations. These projects have emanated development and growth for important segments of society.
The projects within the ambit of EDII include those assigned by the Central & the State Governments, development organizations and public enterprises. In each case, skill training, new enterprise creation, MSME sector development, employment generation and innovation have become a norm. EDII also works closely with Corporate Houses to train their employees in intrapreneurship skills and to undertake Corporate Social Responsibility projects for social good.
Department of Projects focuses on:
- Partnering with governments at the state and national levels to initiate and implement innovation-led projects that spawn viable and highly scalable business models.
- Focussing on S&T entrepreneurship so that knowledge based, technology-led enterprises become the order of the day.
- Institutionalising S&T entrepreneurship, capacity building of academia and specialised institutions created for promoting entrepreneurship.
- Ensuring progression of entrepreneurial capabilities in sectors such as; agriculture, food processing, handlooms, traditional crafts, travel and tourism etc.
- Ensuring effective skill training of potential entrepreneurs and capacity development of existing entrepreneurs in different trades and sectors.
- Collaborating with Corporates to build intrapreneurial skills among their employees and to implement the projects of corporates for the larger good of society.
The Year 2018 -19:
- The project work output will be extensively documented to create a rich pool of knowledge.
- Focus will be strengthened on skill building, training and capacity building projects for development organizations, corporates and government.
- Consultancy Projects under the aegis of National Centre for Rural Entrepreneurship in collaboration with Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India, will be promoted.
- Collaborations will be struck with various National and State Governments to partake in various state and national level projects.
- Functioning as a National Startup and Monitoring Cell for NewGen IEDCs (New Generation Innovations Entrepreneurship Development Centres) – an initiative of DST, Govt. of India.
- As DST's National Implementing and Monitoring Agency for Training, conducted 590 workshops and programmes, thus sensitizing 24,750 beneficiaries, training 1075 youths &1250 women on entrepreneurship. While the Technical EDPs trained 1725 youths and the Faculty Development Programmes groomed 1960 academicians.
- As a Nodal Agency for Innovation-Science and Technology based Entrepreneurship Development (i-STED) Project, North East Region (NER), supported by DST, trained 5230 potential and existing entrepreneurs through technical trainings and technology demonstrations.
- Sharpened entrepreneurial skills of 1000 youths from the tourism sector, under the project supported by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd.
- Piloted a replicable rehabilitation model for natural disaster struck regions.
- Evolved Entrepreneurship Development Programme Model which is being practised by several development organizations to ensure enterprise creation and employment generation.
- Working with MSMEs in collaboration with departments/ ministries of the State & Central Govts and national & international organizations.
- Has worked with 295 NGOs, training 3208 trainers who in turn have trained 41,960 persons, leading to 24,819 rural enterprises.
- As the National Resource Organization in the project titled, 'Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP), by the Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India, EDII is working in 11 States & 42 blocks to promote 34000 micro & small enterprises over four years.
- Conducted 443 EDPs in Food Processing Sector, trained 11100 entrepreneurs across 22 states out of which 5463 have established their enterprises, generating 19221 direct employment opportunities and mobilizing investment of Rs. 15060.99 lakh. The project was supported by the Ministry of Food Processing, GoI.
- Skilled 20200 entrepreneurs from small and medium businesses across 15 states to facilitate growth of their businesses online under the Project - Boost Your Business Programme - with Facebook. Skill Development Programme at Karnali (adopted by Hon'ble Union Finance Minsiter, Shri Arun Jaitley, under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana)
- 393 beneficiaries received capacity building training in various trades as part of skill and entrepreneurship development interventions.
- 24 beneficiaries were provided financial handholding support amounting to Rs. 9,40,640 for setting up micro ventures.
Programmes and Activities 2018-19
|Sr. No.||Activity||Location||Duration||Target Group||Objectives & Outcome|
|(A) Projects with Governments|
|3.1||Projects with Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India|
|3.1.1||DST-NIMAT Project Management||National||1 year||Educational Institutions, ED Organisations, Specialised Institutions for Entrepreneurship Development||A long-term project to promote S&T Entrepreneurs amongst potential target groups and to streamline ED activities in organisations.|
|3.1.2||Programmes under DST, NIMAT|
|3.1.2 (a)||Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (S&T EDPs)||National||4 weeks each||Potential Entrepreneurs||To promote enterprises based on Science & Technology inputs in the country. Target: 10 progs.|
|3.1.2 (b)||Technology-based S &T Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (TEDPS)||National||6 weeks each||Potential Entrepreneurs||To encourage and motivate potential entrepreneurs to set up technology-based new units through Entrepreneurship Development Programme Strategy. Target:10 progs.|
|3.1.2 (c)||Faculty Development Programmes||National||12 days||Teachers of Universities, Engg. Colleges, B- Schools etc.||To develop skills in teachers of higher education towards teaching courses on ''Entrepreneurship'' effectively as well as orienting them to research in the field. Target: 10 progs.|
|3.1.2 (d)||Women Entrepreneurship Development Programmes||National||4 weeks||Potential Women Entrepreneurs||To equip women participants with requisite skills and knowledge on various aspects of business decision-making process, setting up and sustaining an enterprise. Target: 15 progs.|
|3.1.2 (e)||Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps||National||3 days||College students||To sensitize the students towards the ''Charms of Being an Entrepreneur'' and orient them towards entrepreneurship and self-employment. Target: 75 progs.|
|3.1.3||i-STED Project in North East Region||North East Region||5 years||S&T Entrepreneurs||An effort to bring about socio-economic development in the region by connecting S&T interventions and innovative solutions with entrepreneurial opportunities. The programmes would result in new sustainable enterprises and large scale employment. Target: 1200 entrepreneurs|
|3.1.4||DST – NewGen IEDC||National||1 year||Institutions offering S&T Streams and have capability to promote Entrepreneurship||To promote S&T entrepreneurship among students with S&T background. (10 new NewGen IEDCs)|
|3.1.5||Student Start-up NIDHI Project||National||1 year||Students of Institutions hosting IEDC/NewGen IEDC||To facilitate and encourage potential startups to convert their business ideas into commercial activity. Target: 20 student teams|
|3.2||Projects with Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India|
|3.2.1||National Resource Organization (NRO) for Start Up Village Entrepreneurship Program [SVEP] - Secretariat||EDII Campus||4 Years||State Rural Livelihood Mission, Community Based Resource Persons and State Missions||To facilitate effective implementation of SVEP in states.|
|3.2.2||Programme Implementation Agency as NRO in 12 states||Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, West Bengal, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Chhattisgarh, Punjab||4 Years||State Rural Livelihood Mission, Community Based Resource Persons and State Missions||To provide specialized suppot to SRLM and also act as Project Management Unit.|
|3.2.3||Support to states for block outreach and strengthening of Project Implementation Agency (PIA)||States under SVEP Programme||3 years||Organizations / Institutions / NGOs||To provide support to the State Rural Livelihood Missions in identification and strengthening of Project Implementing Agencies.|
|3.2.4||Software support to Micro Enterprises for Market Potential Assessment and Enterprise Tracking||EDII Campus||1 year||Rural Entrepreneurs||To develop Application for Micro Enterprise potential assessment and also GIS-enabled tracking for enterprises and appraisal of new enterprises.|
|3.2.5||Action Research for Sub-Sectors - SVEP||Across States||3 years||Rural Entrepreneurs||Specific Action Research to be undertaken under the ambit of SVEP implementation.|
|3.2.6||Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)||Gorakhpur & Kushinagar||3 years||Unemployed Youth||To train youth for enterprise creation and employment.|
|3.3||Projects with Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Govt.of India|
|3.3.1||PM YUVA Yojana||Pan India||5 years||Potential Social Entrepreneurs||To promote Social Entrepreneurship to facilitate inclusive and holistic growth of the local economy.|
|3.3.2||Setting up Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Kendra||Kushinagar, Gorakhpur, Azamgarh, Varanasi & Lucknow||3 years||Unemployed Youth||Imparting skills to youth and training them for enterprise creation and self-employment.|
|3.4||Projects with State Governments/Departments/Agencies|
|3.4.1||Bihar Skill Development Programme||Bihar||1 year||Students||To develop students with employability skills viz. IT skills, Soft Skills for employment as also communication skills.|
|3.4.2||Activities under Global Skill Park||Bhopal||1 year||Skilled youth||To provide entrepreneurship and incubation support to skilled youth.|
|3.4.3||Micro Enterprise & Programme Planning (MEPP)||Varanasi, Haldwani, Deoria/Azamgarh||5 years||Unemployed Youth||A long-term ongoing project to create self-employment by promoting entrepreneurship among rural and urban population by targeting enterprises selected from either Manufacturing or Services sector. Being implemented in Varanasi and proposed in Haldwani and Deoria.|
|3.4.4||Entrepreneurial Growth of Youth||EDII Campus||18 months||Youth from SC/ST, Weaker sections and SHGs||To promote entrepreneurship among youth of Ahmedabad. Target: Sensitize 1000 youth|
|(B) Projects with Corporates|
|3.5||New Enterprise Creation Programme for SC/ST||Pune (Maharashtra)||4 years 6 months||SC/ST, Weaker sections and SHG members||To promote entrepreneurship among individuals and SHGs from affirmative action communities in Pune. In this phase, followup support will be provided to 200 trained entrepreneurs.|
|3.6||Skills to Suceed 2020 Goal'' - Accenture MEDPs||Telangana, AP, Maharashtra, Uttarakhand, MP, Goa, TN, Kerala, Puducherry, Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Karnataka||1 month||Rural youth and women||To develop micro entrepreneurs among rural youth and women and help in income generation and employment generation in rural areas.|
|3.7||Initiative to improve India''s Agricultural Landscape through Women Agriculturists - Agro Management Programme||Amaravati and Pune||1 month||New women groups and Joint Liability Groups (JLG)||Provide training for new women groups and Joint Liability Groups (JLG) to start new CHCs.|
|3.8||Boost your Business'' Programme||Pan India||3 hours||Micro/ small entrepreneurs||To sensitise nano/ micro/ SMEs across India to use Facebook as an effective tool for their business promotion.|
|3.9||Digital Education Through HP World on Wheels (WoW) Project.||Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Odisha, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh||1 year||Students||To equip students with IT skills, digital literacy, e-Pathshala and computer related skills. Currently being implemented in 5 states, and the scope of implementation in the states of Bihar and Madhya Pradesh is being explored.|